Twitter button

Mayuyu -2014 6th Senbatsu General Election speech AKB48 Mayu Watanabe


2014 6th Senbatsu Sousenkyo speech

Mayuyu's speech as the top member.

〈Translation〉
     
       This is Watanabe Mayu, AKB48, Team B.

       Two years ago, in my election speech,
        I said that I wanted to become the 1st.

       But last year, that dream didn't come true.
     
       That entire year, aiming for the 1st,
       I had been working like mad about everything,
       
       So I thought making efforts is not everything.
       At one moment, I found myself come very close to giving up.

       But at the times like that, all the fans....

       But at the times like that, all the fans gave me a lot of
       warm and encouraging words.

       You said,  next time let's get the 1st for sure.
       When I heard those words, I realized I can never give up here.

       And I determined to be the 1st next time.

   
       I entered AKB48 when I was 12 years old.
       And this year , I've turned 20 years old.

       Many things happened to my way.
       Because you one live once, and because
       I went through the difficulty of passing the AKB48 audition,

   I wanted to get as far as I could.
       And today, this is where I've arrived.

       Really glad that I didn't give up.
       I'm glad I always walked in the path I believed, and
       that I believed in the fans who supported me.

        When I first entered AKB48, I was a part of third generation.
        So before my very eyes, there were a lot of senior members.

        Then, the junior members grew, and many sister groups were
        set up, in addition...

        Many of senior members who I admire started to graduate..
        Seeing them make me feel lonely.
        I even once thought, '' Where is the AKB48 that I remember
        when I first entered?"

        As a remaining member of the 3rd generation,
        with steadiness and strength, I must move forward.

        Until now,, while I looked at the backs of my senior members,
        my life has been to follow after them.
 
    Because there are few senior members left, and today with this,
         thanks to the support of all the fans,
         and because I've received this wonderful rank, the 1st ,
         I can't follow the backs of my seniors anymore.
       
         From now on,when the many junior members look at me from behind,
         I want them to think, "This is the senior member I want to follow.

         This is the member I want to be.

          I will not look up senior's backside.
          Looking at the future of AKB48 group, not forggeting my original intensions,
          and with thanks to many people in my heart,
          I'll move forward
       
          To evryone, for coming here despite the rain and cold, watching on TV,
          and all of this support.....
          Really truly , thank you so much!!


    私は2年前の総選挙のスピーチで1位になりたいという目標を掲げました。
  
    去年はその夢は叶わなかったのですが、
  
    その時は1位に向かってただひたすら頑張った1年だったので、
    
    ひたすら真面目に頑張って努力することだけが全てではないんだなと思い、
    一瞬は1位になるという夢を諦めかけた自分がいました。

    でもそんな時にファンのみなさんが…
    そんな時にファンのみなさんがたくさん暖かい言葉をかけてくださって、

         次こそは絶対1位をとろうねと言ってくれて、私もその言葉を聞いて、
         こんなところで諦めてはいけないなと思い、

    次こそは絶対1位をとるんだと固く決心しました。

    私は12歳のときにAKB48に入り、今年20歳になりました。

    ここまで歩んできて、たくさんのことがありました。
    でも私は人生は一度きりなのだから、せっかく大好きなAKB48に入ったんだから、
    
    やれるところまでやりたいと思い、
    今日ここまで歩んできました。

    本当に今日まで諦めずにやってきてよかったなと思います。
    自分の信じた道を行き、ファンのみなさんを信じ、やってきて本当によかったです。

    私がAKBに入った時は3期生だったので、先輩がたくさんいました。

    そして後輩が増えて、姉妹グループもできて、それと共に

    私の尊敬する先輩もたくさん卒業されました。
    卒業はやっぱり寂しくて、
    私が入った頃のAKB48はどこへ行ってしまったんだろうと思うことはありますが、

    今3期生として残っている私がしっかりと力強く、
    前を向いていかなければいけないなと思います。

    今まで先輩の背中を見上げながら後についていくように活動してきましたが、
    
    先輩ももう少なくなり、
    そして今日こうして1位という本当に素晴らしい1位をいただいたので、
    もう先輩の背中を見上げて後についていくことはできません。

    これからはたくさん今いる後輩たちが私の背中を見て、
    ついていきたいと強く思ってくれるようなそんなメンバーになりたいと思います。

    そしてこれからは先輩の背中を見上げるのではなく、
    AKB48グループの未来を見上げながら、そして初心を忘れずに、
    感謝の気持ちを胸に、前へと進んでいきたいと思います。

    みなさん今回はこうして雨の中寒い中お集まりくださり、
    テレビでもご覧になってくださり、たくさんの応援を本当に本当にありがとうございました。


http://youtu.be/xb2bAXN5Ymg
                 
       
     
     
     










     
       

No comments: